I trained.
I was motivated.
I was dedicated.
I was ready.
.....and yet I almost barfed after running the first mile:)
Other than that, it was a great race! A 5k is 3.2 miles, and I ran it in 31 something minutes. My sister, however, rocks my world and ran it in 24 something and placed 1st in her age group, winning a bunch of free Chik-fil-A (which I'm hoping can only be used in Alabama, so that the coupons will conveniently be donated to me:) My sister, Jen, and her husband, Rob, brought their 3 girls down for the race/weekend. It has been AWESOME!
Yeah.....this is me crossing the finish line: I was pretty excited!
Here is our group with the Chik-fil-A cow
We also played some putt-putt
And had some icecream!
Life is good.
Your nieces are growing up so fast Cass! Congrats on your 5k by the way!
ReplyDeletei loooooove your little fish gadget you have on the left there.... you may be seeing one of those on my blog too! haha
ReplyDelete