Sunday, November 15, 2009

where to start?

I guess I'll start with Friday:
pizza, Wal-mart run, cookie baking (with intesting ingredients), Ice Age, tickle torture, soap wars....just a typical Friday night:)

Saturday: Birmingham Alabama, Civil Rights Museum (we couldn't take pictures inside), homeless man encounter (with the bike), out to eat with a Jamaican.....just a typical Saturday.



At this church, the KKK set off a bomb that killed four little black girls just 40 years ago. Pulaski, TN is the birth place of the KKK and it is only 45 minutes north of Athens (we just sang at a nursing home there last week). How could so much change in just 40 years? I look at those white people in the pictures laughing as two black men hang from a tree, lynched. I wonder how those white people could be so wicked and so wrong? Then, I wonder what is wicked and wrong today (just 40 years later) that we choose to be blind to?
 
and then.........
Sunday: three souls started their journey with Jesus Christ!!!!!.......NOT a typical Sunday here in Alabama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. crazy weekend......one question though. what in the world is murphy's mission???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you again. Sounds like things are going well for you. You are sure keeping busy. Hope you have a really great week. julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooohooo!!!!!!!!! What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete