Thursday, November 5, 2009

You'll be sure to laugh...out loud

FROM THE MOUTH OF BABES: (some things I hear at the preschool)

As Miss Cassie hands out the wax paper cups full of water (the drinking fountain being incapacitated), one brown-eyed, bronze-skinned 3 year-old hands her cup back with a bite out of the top. Miss Cassie, wide-eyed, asks, "Did you just eat a bite of your cup?" The little girl smiles warmly and opens her mouth to reply, but all that comes out is, "BURRRRRP!"

A 4 year-old, blue-eyed beauty states, "When I go home, I am going poop!" Later that day, the same girl yells, "Miss Cassie! There was a spider just sittin' right beside me while I was do-doing! It watched me the whole time!".

Miss Cassie: (after sweeping the class rooms everyday) "By jove, I think I've developed sweeper's elbow!" *[I know I'm not a babe.....but I kind of am:)]

Miss Cassie hears this often: "Miss Cassie, her said she gonna tell on me!". Hmmmm......?? Telling on someone for telling on someone for telling on someone for telling on someone. Typical.

A very, very cute 2 year-old blond whips off her shirt outside in broad daylight just as another kid's daddy pulls up to pick up his kid. Miss Cassie apologizes repeatedly as she frantically chases the giggling girl across the playground, unsuccessfully attempting to clothe the obscenity.

One boy: "Miss Cassie, my daddy is seeing somebody."
Another boy: "Is it a barbie or a woman?"

Miss Cassie whispers in a girl's ear, "I climbed up on that roof once.". The little girl laughs hyterically. Miss Cassie is confused, and asks, "What? What did I say that's so funny?". The little girl responds still giggling, "Your dog got smushed on the road!". .....what? Okay? Odd child.

Miss Cassie: "Okay class, what are you thankful for?"
Class: "What does 'thankful' mean?"
Miss Cassie: "It means you are glad you have something."
Class' responses: "Mommy and Daddy, friends, baby brother, bike, transformers, power rangers, sharks, whales, crocodiles, sea horses, horses, tomato soup." *wow, things really started going downhill after bike*

One little girl cries over something, and a minute later says, "Miss Cassie, someone put water on my cheeks!"

[Kids are one of the purest sources of such blissful, innocent laughter:)]

2 comments: