Whenever I step outside, I get this phenomenal free feeling of fall. Here in Alabama, the leaves haven't turned yet, but the breeze blows and the sun shines. I never had weather like this in Indiana. I can't even describe it or show you with pictures, but I will try anyways!
This is me taking in a breath of fresh air!
The sky is so beautifully blue
And the grass here is different. It's really squishy! I love it! (you can also catch a glimpse of my Dora the Explorer band-aid)
**On a side note, everyday in preschool, we tell a Bible story. For the past week, each day we tell a little more about the Israelites traveling in the wilderness FOREVER! Today, I finally thought: they really do complain A LOT. As if manna, water (from a rock and a bitter lake), and quail weren't enough, they make a golden calf! (don't ask why there's a palm tree in the middle of the dessert...we just always put one up)
(Aren't flannel graphs awesome???!!!!) Those Israelites forget God SO EASILY and were so quick to complain or turn to idols when they thought God wasn't providential or quick enough for their liking. Now, I don't go around building golden calves or anything, but I so VERY OFTEN doubt God's timing, His ways, and Him. Instead of a golden calf, I usually decide to turn toward doubt, my own ways, and even some bitterness, even when He has proved Himself OVER AND OVER. Please Lord, don't break any more "ten commandments" on my account! What about you?
Great post Miss Casserole!! I love the first picture of you taking in the clean fresh air. Thanks so much for the good reminder of how quick we are to complain. God is so faithful and we do have so much more than we really need. Hope that you are having a great week. julie :)
ReplyDeleteI was looking at your blog with Kiera on my lap and when she saw the picture of you taking in the clean air she goes, "MISS CASSIE!!!!" And then she proceeds to say, "She do this..." and makes her face like yours. It was adorable :)
ReplyDeleteMmmm good point Cass....Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteGotta love flannelgraph!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh I totally understand and agree! It's so easy to complain!
I love your blog, Miss Casserole!!!!!!!!!
i am jealous of your fall weather. fall is supposed to be my fav season and it's been nothing but rainy gloom around here ) : uh oh, there i go complaining, next thing you know i'll be eating quail ( :
ReplyDelete